Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Building advice for homecoming float?

I'm in charge of our homecoming float this year and I'm having the hardest time with a design that will get us first place.


This was the senior float last year:


http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v345/110/47/633556900/n633556900_1367611_2340.jpg


We need something just as good as that to win, and our theme is scooby doo. I was thinking a double-story haunted house, but I don't know if that would be too difficult or impossible to build. Would I use plywood?


This is a general idea of how I want our float to look:


http://homepage.mac.com/planetpm/scoobydoo/haunted_house_1.jpg





It'll be significantly simplified because we only have five days to build this thing. The back turrets would be flat. We'd probably cut the shape out of plywood and have our art students paint on it. I just need to figure out how to do rest of the building that juts out, especially the top part. Any help would be very much appreciated!Building advice for homecoming float?
Ok, find a source in your area for bulk Styrofoam. It is the fastest way to create the shapes you need. Think carving like cutting bread, use a course bladed knife.
  • eye color
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment