Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Incubator building advice?

I want to build an incubator for possibly breeding my Crested Geckos. I'm actually not too sure if breeding is a good idea?





Just looking for some input.Incubator building advice?
I think your best bet would be to buy a small chicken incubator like a hovabator or little giant, or to copy their design with your own styrofoam insulated box, wafer-type thermostat and heat tape. I bet hovabators are cheap as can be on ebay, but you may need to replace the wafer.





Since you have to monitor both temperature and humidity, I attached a link to a great thermometer/hygrometer that I use in my Python incubator.





Why wouldn't it be a good idea? Read up on breeding them, make sure you are capable in putting in the effort and that your animals are ready.





Check out the links:

No comments:

Post a Comment