Thursday, May 13, 2010

Need your advice on building desktop applications.

I have a great idea for an application but I am somewhat hesitant to pay the large fees developers charge. The principal behind the application/software is very simple so I want to know if there is a software I can use to build it. I do not know the first thing about building software so I have no idea where to start. I suppose I have to start somewhere I guess. Please could you point me in the right direction to getting started. Do I need to buy any software or books or is there any sites out there that could help me. thank you in advance.Need your advice on building desktop applications.
First of all developers do not charge large fees. We have to make a living just like you do. There is a very large cost involved in actually becoming skilled at programming. I'm not talking the hobbyist programmer here, but a person who has taken the time to become skilled at what they do. I doubt what you do to make a living is done for free either. Nor does it require you to constantly acquire knowledge practically every day. This is quite common and done usually at the programmers own expense.





With that said you can post this on a freelance website and solicit bids anon. You can control the amount you spend by only accepting bids that are in your price range. There are some good programmers out there that would do this work very reasonably. At least reasonable from my point of view.





Before you even begin, I suggest getting a NDA drawn up by a qualified attorney who understands digital rights contract law. Otherwise you might find your application getting stolen.


Need your advice on building desktop applications.
You might be able to find a developer with an entrepreneur spirit who will build it with you for a cut of the profits. Know any friends or acquaintances who write software?





Microsoft provides free editions of their software packages used to write software along with lots of tutorials on how to write software.


http://www.microsoft.com/Express/



you need to learn programming





desktop apps are made with programming languages such as c++, c , c#, java, python, flash air





python.org


http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?forumI鈥?/a>


adobe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment