Thursday, May 13, 2010

Help. Need advice on building Redwood deck in CO.?

I am building my own Redwood deck in the 'dry' Denver metro area of CO. Should I seal the boards, ends included, prior to installing them?Help. Need advice on building Redwood deck in CO.?
Hi my husband is a remodelor/carpenter and I asked him for you. He says that if the deck is going to rot anywhere it would definately be the ends and he highly recommends you sealing the ends before installing them if they are going to be butt up against the other boards . However; if the ends are going to be exposed then you don't need to seal them until after you install them as they of course would be accessable to get to them to seal. I hope this helps.Help. Need advice on building Redwood deck in CO.?
I also live in Denver Metro. I would seal the deck after building it. This is my personal preference, but it makes sense to seal the holes in the deck created by the deck screws.





The majority of the weathering will be on the outer surfaces which are exposed to the sun, rain, and snow.
I will never build another wood deck again.


put out the extra $ for the TREX or eq.


but if you do why not pre seal and fasten the boards from the bottom. No screws on the surface

No comments:

Post a Comment