Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Some PC-Building Advice Needed (My Busted Media PC)?

I posted a thread at Tom's Hardware (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/249287-30-attempting-upgrade-320w-500w-power-supply) that leads up to my current question, which is:





What mobo should I purchase to replace my (now busted) MSI KM2M (http://www.msicomputer.com/product/detail_spec/product_detail.asp?model=KM2M_Combo-L) mobo. As the linked thread states, the tiny bit of plastic that allows the CPU/heatsync/fan combo to fit into place has snapped off. I'm wondering if there is a sufficiently advanced ATX formfactor mobo that will also accept my existing CPU and RAM.





My CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1666 Mhz (Max: 2000 Mhz)


My Ram: I forgot, though you can click that link above to see what the ram restrictions are for the mobo.





I can't break the bank, but I don't suspect I'd need to in order to get a mobo like this, since this system is pretty old. So, any thoughts?Some PC-Building Advice Needed (My Busted Media PC)?
I would go check out www.newegg.com They normally have great deals on mobo %26amp; cpu combos. Just make sure to check to see that the mobo will handle your memory currently in your machine.Some PC-Building Advice Needed (My Busted Media PC)?
I would stay away from MSI boards they are known to be junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment