Thursday, May 13, 2010

Gym muscle building advice?

Hi, I'm a 17 year old guy and I need some advice. Ive been going to the gym for about 6 months. When I started I wanted to lose about a stone and I have but I've lost some more so now I'm technically underweight. For the last 6 months I've been doing about 25-30 mins of cardio then 1 hour weight resistance machines, the cardio worked because I lost the weight but I haven't barely gained any muscle! So what should I do? Give up cardio and just do the weight resistance stuff? I can't go gym more than 3 times a week. Plus I have no idea what to be eating not to gain fat again but to put on muscle weight. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, what to eat post workout? I get out of gym about 4.30 but don't usually have dinner till bout 6.30 - 7.00 Should I eat anything between getting out of gym and dinner? I don't think I can afford protein powder but I heard a can of tuna is good because high protein low fat but if I eat that tuna at 5pm should I still eat dinner aswell at 7pm? Any advice appreciatedGym muscle building advice?
Eating every 2 - 3 hours is great for your body, so long as the portions are under control. Eating 4 - 6 nutritionally and proportionally balanced meals a day is optimal. You won't gain fat if you are burning and using what you eat. So, be sure to intake a good balance of protein (lean meats, chicken, fish, low fat dairy) and carbs (whole grain breads, pasta, and rice, and veggies).





Yes, you should eat something high in protein right after your workout. A can of tuna would be great. Cold, leftover chicken or hard boiled eggs are good too. As for fruit, it's always best to eat it either right in the morning or right after a workout.





Your problem of not gaining any muscle weight could be directly related to not eating enough with the amount of working out you're doing.





I'd suggest keeping the cardio to about 2 times a week, but up-ing the weight of your resistance while up-ing your protein intake.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment