Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Muscle building advice for a skinny girl?

Okay this might sound kind of weird, but I need to really build up the muscles in my legs! I am thin (5'8'; 126 lbs, age 24) and I'm happy with my upper body but honestly my legs make me look sickly!





I've gained weight before, and it just goes to my stomach (not a good look). I wish my legs were twice as big as they are! Is that crazy? I think that having skinny legs makes the rest of me look bigger.





Do you have any advice for gaining serious amounts of muscle? Does anyone else have this problem?? Help!! :)Muscle building advice for a skinny girl?
The greatest thing you can do to build up your legs are squats.It works the whole upper leg.


Squats are deep knee bends.They are done with a barbell across the back.


You can start out just doing deep knee bends.You can also hold dumbbells at your shoulders and do them.


To do full proper squats,you will need a squat rack.You can join a gym,or buy very good equipment for a home gym.


Since you are starting out,I strongly suggest you join a gym and learn how to lift safely.





Bodybuilding.com has alot of great information.Here is a feature on different exercises for the whole body,including the legs.





http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercise鈥?/a>





The truth is the only real way to build up your muscles is to work them,and feed them enough protein to grow.


Good luck.Muscle building advice for a skinny girl?
I would eat protien... and start running or biking up hill. Also lift weights... if you like the top then do more leg stuff. But if you have skinny legs... that is genes but you can still work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment